ITWASSOOTED: Rain+directTV=no NFL

Sunday, September 25, 2005

Rain+directTV=no NFL

Its been raining for over 12 hours here. And that means my satalite TV is searching for a signal. Now I went to bed around I dunno 1:30 this morning and it was searching, I got up around 10:00 it still hadn't found what it was searching for.
so I go to direct TV web site to look at FAQ here I'll show ya'll.

No picture
Message on TV says, "Searching for satellite signal. Please stand by."

WHAT'S WRONG:
You have no picture and a message on your TV screen says, "Searching for satellite signal. Please stand by."

POSSIBLE CAUSES:
A signal isn't getting from your dish to your receiver. This may be a cabling problem.
Your dish isn't picking up a signal. Your dish is blocked or may not be pointed correctly, or there is a problem with the LNB on the dish.
Your receiver is getting a signal but isn't processing the signal correctly.
A very severe storm has temporarily interfered with the signal.

note they claim OR A VERY SEVERE STORM HAS TEMPORARILY INTERFERED WITH THE SIGNAL.

well I say bullshit when its clear I've checked the signal strength and it well inside their stated range. And severe is absolute bullshit, it can sprinkle and it goes out and that's no exaggeration.

I have called their customer service number before and talked to a telephone answerer, they ask me if the batteries in my remote have been replaced. That does it usually I tear whoever said it a profanity laced new arsehole then threaten to cancel service *SLAM* down the phone off button. Makes me feel better but my dish still don't work.

yeah yeah yeah small problem in the big fookun picture as the planet spins but fo to all you folks that "threw yer TV out" back in "65" I didn't and I want diversion.
this time its real I'm calling THE CABLE GUY........
if you don't comment no angel will gets its wings... 2