ITWASSOOTED: HUNGER STRIKERS AT MAZE PRISON 1981

Monday, July 10, 2006

HUNGER STRIKERS AT MAZE PRISON 1981

On Sunday Sands lapsed into a coma. His parents, brother Séan and Marcella were with him to the end, which came at 1. 17 on the morning of Tuesday 5 May 1981.

It was announced by the Northern Ireland Office thirty- five minutes later with a terse statement: 'He took his own life by refusing food and medical intervention for sixty-six days.' -the Speaker of the House of Commons, George Thomas, rose to tell Parliament with the words.. 'I regret to have to inform the House of the death of Robert Sands Esquire, the Member for Fermanagh and South Tyrone.'
But I'll wear no convict's uniform
Nor meekly serve my time
That Britain may call Ireland's fight
Eight hundred years of crime.


I HAVEN'T READ MUCH ABUT SHEEHANS STRIKE ATTEMPT , BUT I WONDER IS SHE AND OR ANYBODY WITH HER WILLING TO TAKE THESE ACTIONS TO THIER ZENITH.....?
if you don't comment no angel will gets its wings... 0